Friday, February 5, 2010

Final Blog Entry- Christina Liaskos

Christina Liaskos
Before getting on the plane, everyone told me that I was going to have the time
of my life. It's not that I didn't believe them; it's just that I had no idea to what
extent I would come to appreciate this entire journey. Over the past month, I
have learned so much about myself and the memories I have made are
something I will treasure for the rest of my life. I have seen the most beautiful
places and I have met some amazing people. I became more self aware and
began to realize what it is that I want to do with my life. I feel closer with nature
and with my surrounding environment. I have grown as a person. What else
could I ask for, really? The definite highlight of this entire journey was the
Tongariro Crossing. Never have I ever appreciated the beauty of a landscape so
much as I did that day. That hike was a pretty spiritual experience; I couldn't
help but become emotionally overwhelmed by the view in front of me. That
image will forever be remembered and it is on my bucket list to return in the
future. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity of a lifetime. I hope
everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment